EB-2 National Interest Waiver
Each year, tens of thousands of professionals gain permanent residency through employment-based green cards like the EB-2 NIW. There are two routes to the EB-2 NIW. One is through a sponsoring employer, and the other is through self-petition.
Advantages of the EB-2 National Interest Waiver
The EB-2 NIW puts you or your employee on a path to obtaining permanent residency through a green card. Permanent residency enables you or your employees to live and work in the U.S. indefinitely.
Favorable towards individuals with advanced degrees, progressive work experience, or past accomplishments. Self-petition is an option in some cases.
EB-2 approval grants individuals on H1-B status an extension. If your spouse is on H-4, an EB-2 approval can be used to apply for your spouse's H-4 work authorization.
Legalpad helps you secure an employment-based green card
Employers: We can assist with EB-2 applications for your employees with advanced degrees or exceptional ability
- A U.S. Master's degree or higher or a foreign degree equivalent to a U.S. Master's degree.
- Bachelor's degree plus five years of post-Bachelor's degree progressive experience
- Employee satisfies at least three of the six criteria of the exceptional ability criteria.
Individuals: we can assist with self-petitioning for your EB-2 with National Interest Waiver
Individuals who qualify the EB-2 may self-petition for the EB-2 with the National Interest Waiver.
- National Importance and Substantial Merit
- Well-positioned to succeed
- As a whole, the petition must prove that it is beneficial for the U.S. to waive the PERM requirement
I almost fell off my chair finding out my EB-2 NIW was approved! First my O-1A, now this! Legalpad is literally the best legal tech company for startups in the U.S.