EB-2 National Interest Waiver
Each year, tens of thousands of professionals gain permanent residency through employment-based green cards like the EB-2.
Advantages of the EB-2
The EB-2 puts you on a path to obtaining permanent residency through a green card. Live and work in the U.S. indefinitely.
Favourable towards individuals with advanced degrees, progressive work experience or past accomplishments. Self-petition is an option in some cases.
EB-2 approval grants individuals on H1-B status an extension. If your spouse is on H-4, an EB-2 approval can be used to apply for your spouse's H-4 work authorization.
Employment-based green cards supported by Legalpad
EB-2 for employees with advanced degrees or exceptional ability
- A U.S. Master's degree or higher or a foreign degree equivalent to a U.S. Master's degree.
- Bachelor's degree plus five years of post-Bachelor's degree progressive experience
- Employee satisfies at least three of the six criteria of the exceptional ability criteria.
EB-2 with national interest waiver
Individuals who qualify for EB-2 may self-petition for an EB-2 with the National Interest Waiver.
- National Importance and Substantial Merit
- Well-positioned to succeed
- As a whole, it is beneficial for the U.S. to waive the PERM requirement
We’d love to explore your immigration options with you.