Webinar | Permanent Residency Options for Visa Holders Register Now

The EB-1B

Green card sponsorship for professors and researchers

Get Started

What is the EB-1B?

The EB-1B is an employment-based immigrant petition for outstanding professors and researchers. When a U.S. employer sponsors a foreign-born employee’s EB-1B, they put them on track to permanent residency. Most U.S. companies can offer their employees the EB-1B green card, but private companies must employ at least three full-time researchers before they can sponsor EB-1B petitions.

Attract and retain top talent

Immigration sponsorship is a valuable benefit you can offer  international talent. Set yourself apart from the competition and retain your best talent with the EB-1B.

Skip the PERM process

Save months by skipping the PERM, a lengthy process of testing the labor market for qualified U.S. workers typically required for other employment-based green cards.

No more work visas

The EB-1B is the visa to end all visas. With an approved EB-1B, a candidate is one step closer to obtaining a green card. As your employees become green card holders, visa expenses are eliminated.

“I had a great experience working with Legalpad for my EB-1 application. Legalpad provided clear guidance on what letters and documentation to obtain. They pulled up my patents and after in-depth research found the right way of presenting them. The thing that impressed me most was that they understood my career achievements very well after just a one-hour zoom chat – which are very technical in the field of computer science. After that chat, I felt I was in good hands!”

Pankaj Gupta, Baseten

Which candidates qualify for the EB-1B green card?

The EB-1B green card is for outstanding professors and researchers who satisfy three requirements.

  1. Candidates must have three years of teaching or research experience;
  2. Candidates must have a U.S. job offer to teach or work in a predominantly research role;
  3. Candidates must meet at least two of the following EB-1B criteria:
    1. Evidence of receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement
    2. Evidence of membership in associations that require their members to demonstrate outstanding achievement
    3. Evidence of published material in professional publications written by others about the candidate’s work in the academic field
    4. Evidence of participation, either on a panel or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or allied academic field
    5. Evidence of original scientific or scholarly research contributions in the field
    6. Evidence of authorship of scholarly books or articles (in scholarly journals with international circulation) in the field

Explore our full-service immigration solution

Whether you're transferring key employees across borders or sponsoring green cards, Legalpad has your back.

Get Started