U.S. Permanent Residency Options for Work Visa Holders | Webinar | Overview of the Green Card Process and Eligibility Register Now

The H-1B Visa

A work visa for speciality employees

Get Started

What is the H-1B Visa?

The H-1B is a temporary work visa for employees in a specialized field. This six-year visa is primarily granted to people working in STEM fields or with special technical backgrounds but many other professions also qualify. Candidates must have a college degree (or many years of experience) related to their field of work and the employer must pay a prevailing wage.

H-1B lottery and transfers are simple with Legalpad

Enter a candidate in the H-1B lottery cap or transfer a candidate's H-1B from a previous employer with ease.

H-1B Lottery

Plan ahead for that perfect hire.

85,000 new H-1Bs are issued every year through the H-1B lottery. We guide you through the H-1B lottery process, and if your candidate is selected, we take of the paperwork and complexities of the application.

H-1B Transfer

Get your new hire started right away.

So you found a candidate, but they need to transfer their H-1B visa from their former employer to the new employer. No problem! We handle all of the paperwork so you can focus on your onboarding plan.

5-Step Process

Step 1


We make sure the position and candidate qualify for the H-1B

Step 2


We collect all the details we need for the H-1B petition in one go

Step 3


We review the petition together with the labor condition application

Step 4


We give you the compliance docs to keep for your records

Step 5


You sign the final version of the petition and we ship it to USCIS

Client Testimonials

Stewart Fortier

"Legalpad has taken the dreaded H-1B process and made it as simple as posting a new job on a job board."

Stewart Fortier
Avalara Legal"Preparing the H-1B petition is remarkably easy with Legalpad. The Legalpad team provides a wealth of knowledge about immigration in the workplace and simplifies a complex process for our legal and HR teams using a tech-driven approach." Avalara Legal Team
Chris Pitchford"Legalpad is the only immigration service that 'gets it.' I've personally had two visa petitions approved with Legalpad which have allowed me to create tremendous value in the US. I simply wouldn't trust anyone else to handle my file." Chris Pitchford

You have questions.
We have answers.

Get Started

H1B Resources - Page: 5


Celebrating Immigrant Heritage Month with Legalpad

June is Immigrant Heritage Month, a time to embrace diversity and immigrants’ shared American heritage. To celebrate the 8th annual Immigrant Heritage month, we’re highlighting Legalpad’s biggest asset—its people.


5 Things You Must Know Before Forming an LLC

Once you’ve got your business idea and know who you’re going to sell to, it’s time to set up your business structure. In this post from StartPack, learn the ins and outs of forming an LLC to help you determine if it's the right structure for your business.


Founder Spotlight: Improving Diabetes Care With AI

Julian needed a work visa to join his cofounder, Ali, in the Bay Area in order to establish a U.S. hub and accelerate growth. After shopping around, Julian found Legalpad. With an O-1 approval in hand, Julian and Ali are advancing Center to improve the lives of those managing diabetes


International Entrepreneur Parole
vs. O-1 Visa

The International Entrepreneur Parole Rule (IEP) is here to stay! IEP is another pathway for entrepreneurs to build U.S. companies, but is it right for you? Learn about the key differences between IEP and the O-1.


Founder Spotlight: A Plan Written in the Stars: Brazilian Astrology Jewelry Creator Finds a Path Forward in the U.S.

When Daniela Vianna, co-founder of Ephemeris Co., found herself stuck in the United States following the initial outbreak of COVID-19 in early 2020, Daniela needed a new plan. The various U.S. immigration options for entrepreneurs like Daniela are often unclear so she had to get creative—and persistent. Daniela spoke to numerous immigration attorneys but was left with few options, until she discovered Legalpad.


Techstars Founder Secures O-1 Visa to Build Emotional Intelligence Platform

Securing a work visa was critical for Sid Pandiya as a graduating senior at UCLA. Many of Sid’s friends were considering the H-1B path, but Sid wanted to find a work visa that would allow him to live and work in the U.S. and grow his startup, Kona, an emotional intelligence platform.


Post-Accelerator To-Do List for International Founders

Congratulations on graduating from an accelerator program! That’s a huge accomplishment.


Simplifying Immigration | USCIS extends deadline to respond to RFEs

3-minute summary of the US immigration highlights the week of December 23, 2020. USCIS extends deadlines for responding to agency requests. Delays in receipt notices at lockbox facilities. Non-essential travel between U.S. land border restrictions extended through January 21, 2021.


Simplifying Immigration | Rule to Increase Restrictions to the H-1B Program Will Not Take Effect. 

3-minute summary of immigration news. Federal agencies have released immigration priorities and Trump once again attempts to restrict immigration. The rule to increase the wage requirements for H-1B workers will not go into effect. Temporary Protected Status has been extended for El Salvador, Haiti, Nicaragua, Sudan, Nepal and Honduras.


Simplifying Immigration | New Development on Increased H1B Requirements

3-minute video summary of immigration news. A federal judge invalidated regulations that increased H-1B wage requirements, public charge rule barred in several states, and new DACA applications will be accepted.


Founder Spotlight:
Vicki Guan | Co-Founder of Evri

We recently got to spend some time talking with Vicki Guan, co-founder of Evri. She’s one of our innovative and inspiring customers who has drawn on her life experiences as she’s created a market-altering product. Even in the midst of so many unforeseen impacts of COVID-19, Vicki and her team are working tirelessly to adapt to our changing world.


Simplifying Immigration | Proposed H-1B Restrictions Struck Down by a U.S. District Court

This week in immigration updates include flexibility for remote I-9 document inspection, lifting the 14-day US entry ban for certain countries, December visa bulletin updates, and the extension of land border restrictions between the U.S. and Canada and the U.S. and Mexico.

1 3 4 5 6 7 12